At James Ewart Racing we are a Flat and National Hunt horseracing yard set at the Ewart family farm, known as The Craig. We are located in the beautiful Scottish Borders just outside the town of Langholm.
James Ewart Racing has been established for over 10 years now, founded in 2004 by James and wife Briony Ewart. Initially we acted as agents, buying and selling French horses to UK trainers and owners, whilst at the same time building up the training side of the business.
Our scale has improved season upon season with horses, owners and our facilities.
With our location being close to the A7, we have very easy access to major motorways, with local tracks within 2 hours, such as; Carlisle, Hexham, Kelso, Newcastle, Catterick, Musselburgh and just over 2 hours to Haydock, Aintree and 4 hours to Cheltenham. So as you can see we are ideally situated to reach into the South as well as racing in the North.
We have ran some incredible races over the years with the likes of Kimbambo, Numero Un De Solzen, Sa Suffit, Quicuyo, Sacre Toi, Sleep In First and more, head over to our winners page to view some of our statistics.
Our surroundings are peaceful with rolling hills and ample forestry tracks- perfect for providing variable exercise for our horses. We also have an exceptional mix of facilities and surfaces to train our racehorses on, all excellent in their own right.
· 50+ Stables
· An all-weather 5f Tapeta™ Footings Sand Gallop
· An oval shaped 5 ½ f Sand Gallop with winged fences with full track white racing railings.
· An oval shaped Manège with schooling obstacles
· A Grass Gallop with Easyfix™ Hurdles and traditional Chase fences
· Starting Stalls
· 10 stall Monarch Horse Walker with variable speed settings- specifically designed for us
· Two & four stall horseboxes from George Smith with full water systems and CCTV.
We also have an incredible team behind us, staff, friends, family and owners which make our business what it is today.